Play Your Role
Play Your Role: Gamification Against Hate Speech
The project contributes to the EC programme's priority "to develop online and other alternatives to promote the development of critical thinking among internet users".
An innovative aspect of this project is to create a safe environment for dialogue, debate and discussion of hate speech online through play. The project aims to use games to combat online hate speech.
· To combat online hate speech through video games and gamification as tools to promote positive adolescent behavior;
· To promote the recognition of anti-foreign and racist hatred on the internet through new pedagogical tools and video games that enhance empathy and critical thinking;
· Creating new, creative activities through play activities.
· Development of new pedagogical tools using existing video games;
· Analysis of the phenomenon of hate speech on the internet in modern video game player communities;
· Organize a hackathon at European level with the aim of creating 4 new game offers;
· Creation of an online platform and organization of a new format of "city games" and publicity events.
It is planned to involve about 600 young people, 250 teachers, educators, youth workers, 150 independent game developers, small and medium game companies, developers, associations in this project.
- Empowering public organizations and schools to combat hate speech on the internet by offering teachers and youth workers new tools related to the culture of video games;
- Raising awareness of hate speech on the internet and raising awareness of the scale of the problem among young people and the general public
- Enhanced cooperation between schools, youth organizations, the video game industry to combat hate speech online.
15 tools with training and educational content will be developed, 1 hackathon will be organized, 4 short video games, 1 research on hate speech in video games, 1 online platform, 4 dissemination events in the form of "urban games", 1 "urban games" guide. 2 trainings for teachers and educators, 1 conference at European level.
Project Coordinator -
SOCIETA COOPERATIVA SOCIALE ZAFFIRIA (Italy)
· COSPE - COOPERAZIONE PER LO SVILUPPO DEI PAESI EMERGENTI ONLUS (Italy)
· Public Institution EDUCATIONAL PROJECTS (Lithuania)
· UNIVERSIDADE DO ALGARVE (Portugal)
· JFF - Jugend Film Fernsehen eV (Germany)
· Fundacja Nowoczesna Polska (Poland)
· SAVOIR DEVENIR (France)
First meeting in Florence
Hate speech in video games and ways to combat it. In the project we will create classes, games for young people and people working with young people.